Most of the eBooks that you will find in the DVC library catalog are EBSCO eBooks. A few steps are required if you want to download the EBSCO eBook to your desktop or an e-reader device, or you can always read it in a web browser.
1. Download the Bluefire Reader app, which is the app you'll use to read the eBook. You can search for "Bluefire Reader" in the App Store or Google play.
2. If you do not have one, create an Adobe ID. Go to the Adobe Digital Editions website and look for the "Sign In" link at the top-right hand of the page. You can register on the Sign In page. If you already have an Adobe ID, skip this step and go to #3.
3. Authorize the Bluefire Reader App. To authorize the app, you will be asked to enter your Adobe ID.
4. On your device, search for an eBook via the DVC library catalog that you would like to checkout. You will need to log-in to your EBSCOHost account. If you do not have an account, click on the "Sign In" link at the top right-hand side of the page. You can register on the Sign In page.
5. Click on the Checkout/Download link.
6. Select "Open in Bluefire Reader"
7. The app will now open and download the book to your device. Keep in mind that the book will only be available on your device during the checkout period. After the checkout period ends, you will not have access to the book. You have the option to re-checkout the eBook.